Friday, January 14, 2011

if i let you go, do you think you could fly?

I never meant for it to happen this way. I meant for it to be quick and painful. Now when I lay my head down inbetween the good and the bad I wish you were there. I need you to hold my head in your lap and wait for the storm to pass. Tell me which way to go, I need direction. This uneven life of ours is starting to take it's toll. Sometimes I feel the only way out is to dive back in. I frequently stop myself and look around waiting for you to take my hand and pull me back down to earth. That would be too easy, please don't give me up just yet. Up here in the clouds I can see all you do, pacing and thinking, waiting for the day it all falls into place. This world isn't ready for us baby, it would split right in two. Maybe one starry night when all of the world is asleep we can set this place on fire and let it burn down around us. Until then I wonder if my love will be pure enough to keep our heads high in the clouds, and sane enough to keep our feet on the ground.




No comments:

Post a Comment