Friday, September 23, 2011

Lesson Learned

My leg shakes as the sweat drips down my back. I feel cold and uneasy, like a child waiting to be scorned. I glance over at the space between us. It's only a few feet I shouldn't even take notice, It's all I see. Her hand finds my thigh and continues to my back. I start to feel a familiar warmth creep over me as my leg begins to calm. I want her, all of her. The room gets quiet as my eyes meet hers, I just want to breath her in and soak in her warmth. It's only the start of a new beginning nothing to write home about but enough to stop me in my tracks. My mind starts to reel as I begin comparing and contrasting her love to those before. Thankfully she grabbed my face and kissed me hurling me back to reality before I got lost in my own insecurities. Since that night I have not once let thoughts of past mistakes creep into my head and create doubt about her.

 For the first time in a long time I am perfectly content. happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment